My Ride


Again, this is one of those build that I have doubt what best should I present it besides The Airplane Cockpit and The Train Station Gate for this Iron Builder round, in fact though this might look just a simple speeder built, it is the most difficult and time consumed in this Iron Builder round for me to present it the way I want to.

It took me 4 different photosession in 3 different days. I actually got this idea and build the speeder in week 2 and took the first photosession using all brick built background.

Here is the setup:

Iron Builder 2016_Setup_31-10


Here is the result:

Iron Builder 2016_Setup_31-09


But after I look at it again somehow I felt its a bit too boring and I think a real sand will looks better and I always want to try my hands on using real sands. The sand that I’ll need should be a small grain sand which I can’t use those construction kind of sand, therefore what option I can think of are using hamster bathing sand or play sand for kids. Play sand is cheaper since I need quite a lot, which then I bought 10 kg play sand on the weekend for this setup, and on week 3 I took another photosession, this time I tried outdoor.

Just as I expected from outdoor shooting that it will be unpredictable, all the sunny bright sky suddenly went cloudy all day, and this was the disappointing result.

Here is the setup:

Iron Builder 2016_Setup_31-08


Here is the result:

Iron Builder 2016_Setup_31-07


Then at the same day, I took it to indoor shooting and here is the result:

Here is the setup:

Iron Builder 2016_Setup_31-06


Here is the result:

Iron Builder 2016_Setup_31-05


Again…after all wrapped and finish, I look at it again…I’m not quite satisfied enough with the result, the surface of what it should be a dessert it kind a bit too smooth, I think I arrange the sand to neat and subtle, which take off the realism of a dessert. Then on week 4, again I try to take another photosession but now with a more natural arrangement of the sand, and I’m quite happy with the result, more than happy and satisfied from the 3 previous photosession result.

Actually this kind of thing happened a lot whenever I took a shot for anything, not just LEGO. I think it’s my way of trial and error to learning new thing, because when I felt that I got this new thing right usually I only replicate it when I meet another similar case, that’s why I always excited to get things right because it will makes the future case easier. Enough with my long story, so here is the final result that I’m most satisfied.

Here is the final model:

Iron Builder 2016_Setup_31-02


Iron Builder 2016_Setup_31-03


Iron Builder 2016_Setup_31-04


Here is the photo setup:

Iron Builder 2016_Setup_31-01


And finally here is the final result, which I most satisfied: